Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WHERE HAS TABOO 1 GONE? WHY IS IT GONE?!

Because I've done "final" (ish) edits to it and am now exercising my right to sell it wherever the hell I damn well please.

Now that you've calmed down a little, Dear Reader, perhaps I can get you some tea?  Okay.  Okay, obviously we DO need to talk a little though.

Some of you, ESPECIALLY those closest to me, know of my efforts in the past year at several projects.  This one is just one of those, the writing and eventually serialization and sale-ification (yes, it's a word.  I just made it up.  Right now.  It's a word if I made it up, I'm a freakin' artist apparently) of The Generalist series you've grown to love and cuddle up to.

So yeap, it's that time.  After re-editing a FINAL final time, re-packaging and improving on the manuscript, I've finally got it up and ready to sell on Kindle (though do give me OOOOOONE last revision, since I'm preparing it for Smashwords as well and I want to use that format for Kindle), but there's a few issues going down.

For one, there's that Smashwords format of programming/writing I want to bring to Kindle.

Secondly, it's currently stuck at $2.99 though I lowered the price to $1.50, and when it comes time to pop Taboo 2 up for sale, I'll raise the price of Taboo 1 and sell Taboo 2 at $1.50, same with all other Taboos from now on.

Whenever an episode goes up for sale, they gotta come down here and you get this message with a link to buy and sample.

I'll still continue to post the unedited/lightly edited/raw manuscripts up here, and then later on give them the same treatment.  This way you can sample what it's going to be before you buy, a system I believe in highly.  BUT, I AM trusting you guys, y'knowwhatImean?

This is the honor system: you can accept the crappy-edited version of these stories and not pay, or pay what amounts to less than a cup of coffee (in some places) and receive a polished version full of proper grammar, little writing tidbits, and slightly more content.  I'm willing to believe in youse guys, and those who can't afford squat but are perfectly happy to retweet my tweets and repost my posts at Faecbawks.

Of course this might change depending on customer performance...we'll see.

In the meantime, that's what's up and I'm stickin' to it!

The Generalist - Taboo 0: Cliché of Memories is free over here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/239832

And The Generalist - Taboo 1: Where's the Beef? is only a $1.50 at both Smashwords and Amazon:

Smashwords - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/249546

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/The-Generalist-Taboo-Wheres-ebook/dp/B009YLO9XU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1352071466&sr=1-1&keywords=the+generalist+taboo+1+where%27s+the+beef+thomas+duder

tl;dr - LOL I'M SELLIN' OUT, SO THIS PART HAS BEEN COMPILED AND RECODIFIED WITH THE REST FOR MASS CONSUMPTION!  SOCCER MOMS ARE GOING TO SCHLICK OVER MY STUFF NOW, KTHXBAI! #TheNewTwilight #Platitudes #Hashtag

No comments:

Post a Comment