Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Axe Murderer In All Of Us

Project: No Rhymes, "A Night of Complete Horrorshow"

Note - this is one of my stripped down ones, and it'd be better to simply hear it sung if anything. I'm just sayin'.


The Axe Murder In All Of Us

Sociopathic tendencies
It all means absolutely nothing to me
Because all the things that I like to do
Are frowned upon by others just like you
Even though they like to do it too

Latent empathy mixed with dread
It's all stuffed up deep inside of my head
Because all the things that I'd want to do
Are acted out by all the others just like you
Even though you never wanted it too

(chorus)
Illegitimate lust
Filled into a cup
Raised up to those hungry lips
Beckoning the reckoning though drunken in sips

Because the axe murderer's in all of us
Painted in blood and tasting of rust
The axe murderer that's in all of us
Allowed to kill with an undisturbed thrust
You had to die because of broken trust

(bridge)

Sociopathic blessings all
It only means something to those in thrall
Because all the things that I have done
Now has me going out and about on the run
I'm on the news, I'm not the only one

Endoskeletal masked become
These are the things that we must put on
And now all these principles I came to know
They are the only ones left to grow
and now it's time to begin the show

A-shes to dust
Taken from a bowl
shaped out of a hollowed skull
Becoming the beholder though that's not all

Because the axe murder's in all of us
Painted in faith and tasting of rust
The axe murderer that's in all of us
Sociopathic and without trust
You had to die because of lack of trust
You were once alive but now you're dust

No comments:

Post a Comment