Friday, September 14, 2012

Pondering

A deafening roar, the crash of the spray
The blood in my head, it pulses and thunders

Thunders like a drum
Like the one in me

I can only live today, to work for my bread
The breath I take, it may be my last

Lasting in me
I scream for more

Post existential, possibly transcendant
What shall become of me, within my life

Selfish desires
One just like me

I walk a shadow, my footsteps light
My deeds go punished, I know not why

Others who fall
Used to it as they are

I try to comprehend
The lives others live
I try to understand
But the silence is so loud

In my head
In my head
Oh this confusion
Simply trying to be

In my head
In my

But the silence is loud

2 comments:

  1. I really like this poem. It's dark, it's edgy, and it's got some strong words. I like strong words. Think I can borrow a few? My words are feeling a little flabby lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, your words and mine can go jogging in the mornings, dude. First a nice session of stretching, followed by a little walking, then a full-blown jog.

      Don't wanna blow out those creamy hammies!

      Delete